Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thinking about all that is going on in the world, how these people or that group or whoever, is so intollerent.... Everyone can say that about everyone who does not hold to the beliefs that you hold to.... It is that "Catch phrase" that everyone is using right now. Everyone is mad at everyone about something.... It is frustrating! Everyone is getting in on the action. I have to say, that there is so much going on you don't know what to think about the whole thing. With everything that has been going on, it makes me ask the question "where does our identity come from?" Where is our worth found?
Identity! What a word. What does this word make you think of? As a follower of Christ what does this word make you think of? This word meas many things to many people. People find their identity in their job and what they DO. Some find their identity in the friends they have. Some find their identity in their beliefs or what they think and how they live day to day. Some find their identity in what their race is. Some find their identity in what their sexual orientation might be. The thing is... WE cannot find our identity in and of our selves. Our identity and who we are comes from God. Only God sees deep down, past the "I want to do this" or "I want to be this" and through the I want to do or be this.... He sees deeper, He and He alone sees the real you! The you who He wants to shine through that mask that we put on daily! We try to be someone else, and someone who God did not make us to be. He wants YOU to come through. The YOU that HE created! He created YOU for a certain purpose and to find that purpose we need to find our identity IN HIM!!! Many people say I AM _____. And get so firm in that statement that they dont even try to search God to find themselves. That is the only way that the true YOU will come out. Search God and KNOW HIM and you will start shining through. I have been there and done that. I probably still do that, but I am learning! I am trying to forget about the who i want to be in life, and focus on who God wants me to be! I know that God has the plan all laid out and His plan is SOOO much better than I could even imagine. I want to be who God has made me to be, not what I think I should do or be....

No comments:

Post a Comment