Tuesday, July 31, 2012

who or what is #1?

What do you value in your life?
I want to write this post because I think that at times our priorities can get out of whack. I think that we need to stop every now and then and really look at our lives and see where our priorities lie, and where they should be and then adjust. I have to say that my priorities have not always been where they need to be. I have put many things above things that should be first. I have to say that some of the things that I have put first in my life are not bad or wrong... but nothing should take top priority over God in our lives. At times I have pushed God and my relationship with Him down. There was a time where he was probably last, and that was my lowest point in life. I had pushed Him so far out of the picture that I was drowning and going deeper into a pit and saw no way out... that is how far I had pushed my relationship with Him down and last. I did realize what I did and put God back on top in my life, but when God was not first, I felt alone, and lost, and in despair. Things happened that keep pushing me down, and then I was stuck all on my own to try and climb back up out of this pit of despair. But when God was number one again, I leaned on Him and reached my hand to Him, and asked Him for help, and He pulled me out. I have not been in that place and I never want to get back to that place. I know that God is in control and that He can make things work out for good, but there was a time that I had forgotten that this life is not my own, and He does love us and care for us to help us through all the hard times. When I fixed my priorities and put God first, I had a peace, again. I was happy again, and I knew that whatever happened to me is fine as long as I serve Him and am obedient to Him, I am fine and everything will turn out fine in the end. Putting God back to the top of my life was the best thing I did again. I always believed, but at times satan likes to take the circumstances of life to cloud what this life really is about. It isn't about you, it isn't about me, it isn't about that relationship that seems to be falling apart, it isn't about that bad test that you failed and don't know what college will take you, it isn't about the kids driving you crazy and you don't know what to do, its all about HIM and what HE wants you to do, and about Him forgiving and loving and showing grace. Its about telling people about Him and His love and showing it through our everyday lives! Life may seem crazy and out of whack at times, but God's got your back, it will turn out fine, just keep HIM number one in your life and you will get through even stronger, and even better on the other side! Keep on keeping on!! and keep him FIRST! Everything else falls into place when God is #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment