Thursday, June 7, 2012

watch your mouth!


The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love it will eat its fruit.

~Proverbs 18:21


This is truth! Words have power! Words can damage and kill or they can encourage and give life! You can kill or harm yourself or others with your words! We are here to encourage and give life to ourselves and those around us. I say ourselves because we can speak harmful words to ourselves and with our thoughts! What kind of words are you speaking to  yourself and others? Are you speaking words of death or life? Are you talking down to someone or yourself?
Start speaking life filled words! I know it is an area that I have to work on and remind myself about. I have a tenancy to speak life words to others and death words to myself. I like to encourage others, but sometimes I need some encouragement and do not give that to myself. Start saying good things about yourself (and others) look at the positives that are in yourself and others. When you always look at the negative you will always speak the negative. Start searching for good things that are in each one of us. The more we focus on those things the more life filled words we start to speak!
"I matter, I am loved, I can make it, I'm hanging in there, I will not give up, I am blessed, I am a winner, I am more than a conqueror, I have favor with God and man, God's going to get the glory out of this, I am strong, I am healed, I am whole, I can do this!"
Philippians 4:8 says "whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, think on these things". Think on the good things in life, think on the good things in others, think on the good things in you! There are things that we can complain about, we can pick out, we can come down on, but there are more good things in people that we need to see and point out. Be an encouragement to yourself and those around you! Get in the habit of speaking and thinking words of life. Build people up, don't tear them down!

No comments:

Post a Comment