Friday, June 1, 2012

Psalm 139:7-12, "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." 




We all have issues we face daily. I know because I go through them. There are always things taht come up and want to drag us down. It is hard to not let things or thoughts get the best of us! I have been trying to not let thoughts get the best of me and at times it seems like I am failing and falling into a pit! At times it all just seems worthless, and pointless. I want things a certain way and they are not, and I feel like a failure and these things keep piling up and not dealing with them can affect a  person. It takes a toll on them..... Even the strongest person can feel week at times!
At times you just feel alone, like no one is there for you. Why would anyone  even want to listen or try to help. So you keep things in and try to move on past it all. 
There are times when you are just down and need some lifting. My main source of "lifting" or encouragement is from the Bible. The verse above is very encouraging! We cannot flee from God! He is always there! Where ever we go He is right there beside us the entire way! He is right there holding us up when we need it! We may feel like we are in the darkest pit, but God is right there with us! When darkness is all around us, God is there to shine a light into our lives! 
As Christians we are called to be "light". You might be saying "how can I be a light? what do you mean?" Well we are called to bring Jesus to the world. We are called to bring "light" or Christ (the light of the world) in to the dark places where there is no light! When we allow Christ's love to shine through  us we are creating light in dark places! Even when we are trying to hide in the dark, God will bring someone with light into our lives to help encourage us and help bring us through as well! Let others be an encouragement to you! God sent them to you to help you get out of the darkness and back into the light. To help encourage you! Maybe God is calling YOU to be the light and shine into someone else's life! Be that light that God is calling you to be. 
Never forget that God is there for you where ever you go! He is always there! Through it all He is there. Through the pain, He is there. He never leaves you! Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment