Wednesday, December 21, 2011

doing more.....

I think that anyone can say that when they turn on the news they expect to see the bad things that happen in life. We expect to see the devastation in some area because of a bad storm. We expect to see anything that is negative going on in the world. That is what the news shows. There isn't much positive when we see the news. Every now and then you see something good that someone does, but most of it is about negative things. Lately we have been seeing horrible storms sweeping through many areas of the world. I think that many of us are used to seeing the bad things and that we get desensitized by all the bad we see and it just becomes another storm or another shooting, or whatever else.... I know I go through this. I don't want to be desensitized but it happens it seems. But thinking about this and looking at a couple pics of that actual devastation has got me thinking. What are we doing to make a negative and bad story on the news a good ending?? Are we just watching and saying "oh poor people" or are we taking that information and trying to bring hope to people who are going through things of this nature. It gets me thinking about what can we as people or as a church do for the people facing devastating times. What are we called to do for those around us facing issues in life. How are we supposed to do more? I want to be a person who sees something bad, and instead of just saying "poor people" be a person who tries to help. We are supposed to help those who have no food, help those who have no shelter, help those who have no clothes. Are we doing ANYTHING for ANYONE? I have been thinking about my own life, and that's just it.. i have been thinking of my own issues and we are supposed to be looking out at what others are going through. Yes, things come up in every one's life, but I have my basic needs met. We are supposed to be God's hands and feet in this world around us. Are we doing that? How can we be God's hands and feet to this world? People are around us and are in NEED! How can we help meet basic needs of those around us? So I guess I am just trying to look past myself and my situation in life, and know what God has called us all to do... Be HIS hands and HIS feet to people in need! What can you do??

No comments:

Post a Comment