Friday, December 16, 2011

happiness.

What is happiness to you? I want to ask the question because happiness looks different to everyone! What makes you smile? what make you laugh? what makes you feel good? what makes you HAPPY?

If you ask this question to me... I might have to think about it. I think I  have a few answers to this one too. I think when I truly feel God and His presence, that makes me happy. I think that when I make others happy, or I know that the people around me are happy, that makes me happy! When I see my kids laughing and playing nicely together, that makes me happy! When I am cuddling with my husband and he is holding me tight, that makes me happy. When he is tickling me, and goofing around with me (even though i may say stop bc i am VERY ticklish) that makes me happy. When I am able to do something for someone else and know that they are happy and content, and I can bring a smile to someone else's face.... that makes me happy! I know that in my life, I don't take much time for me. I try and give out as much as I can. I want to be the one to make people happy. I want to be the one to see a smile on their face. It has always been important to me to see others happy. I didn't care if i had to bite my tongue and not say a word. I just want people to be happy! I never want to be the cause of someone's unhappiness. Have I made people upset? sure. I am human too. but I feel bad when or if I ever have or did that! People say that I am a people pleaser. I cant argue with that one. I am. I want to please people and see them happy. I dont do anything extreme but I like people to be happy, and not upset and especially not upset with me, when i could have changed that or done something different so that they would be happy and not upset! is this wrong? who knows? In the Bible it talks about how to treat people, and how to even treat enemies. It says to treat them well. I dont think it is wrong for me to want people to be happy and content in life. If others around me are there is a better chance that I will be too! And maybe, just maybe I can and will bring joy to someone. Maybe, just maybe I will brighten up someone's day. Maybe, just maybe they will see Christ's love and turn to HIM in the end....

No comments:

Post a Comment