Monday, December 5, 2011

life

      Whether your male or female, young or old, you have to admit life is one big adventure. You never know what is going to happen or what is going to affect your life. Choices we make and choices that others make affect us. They affect how we see life, how we change, how we strive to be greater or even why some give up. Choices. They make up our everyday life. They can affect us negatively or they can inspire us to be great, to do greater things! The adventure in the idea of choices is that we sometimes cant see how a choice will affect us till we are there and in the situation. Honestly some choices are not going to affect us in a HUGE way, but some will affect us more than we know. Some will affect how others see us, or how they take us. The questions is do we think about our choices and that it can affect us, and when we are going through things are we going to choose to let is make us better or break us? I have always tried to live a positive life. I like to be upbeat and love people. Sometimes it is easier than other times. Lately I have been letting myself be taken away with things which I don't like how that affects me either. I don't want to be a push over, but I want to live my life in a way of thankfulness, a way of looking at the positive rather than the negative, and with a loving and forgiving heart. Sometimes that is easier said than done, and I have been failing at times, but I am going to strive to get better at this again. I know that the choices I make affect me, and that the thoughts and attitude I have affect me and sometimes others. It also can affect the kingdom of God and I don't want to be a negative picture of God. I want my light to shine brightly for HIM! Yes, life is tough and is filled with ups and downs, but it is how we rise above and be the better person and be that light that God wants us to be. Will I still struggle from time to time, YES. I am human, but it is how we change  when we are recognizing what we are in and then fixing at that point that matters. Get up, dust yourself off, and rise above the situation with God's help. Let HIM in and let HIM take control of the situation. It is hard to give it to Him at times because sometimes we just want to hold onto the hurt and the pain and wallow in it. But that will do us NO good in the end. We need to let it go and let GOD! This has been something that I need to remember but has been hard giving it away to Him. But God says
                                      Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 
                                                   Take  my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart,
                                                    and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.  
                                                    Matthew 11:28-30


God wants us to have rest for our souls! He wants us to take His burden for it is light! He will take our heavy hearts, He will take our worry, our concerns and give us His peace and His rest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment