Monday, February 27, 2012

Forgetting those things which are behind … I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus
Phil. 3:13, 14

There are verses that stand out to eah of us for different reasons. This one above, I am sure stands out as a verse that many Christians cling to, try and remember during hard times or make their life's verse. As Christians or non Christians we need to press on. I know that I have had times I wanted to give up in many different ways too. But looking back I am happy that I held tight to what I believed and kept pressing on!!! Yes at times to look forward we need to forget the past and leave it in the past which at times requires us to let it go and give it to God, at times it is forgiving for a hurt. But we have to be willing to let it go so we can look forward and press on to the calling that is on our life. The calling is greater than the hurt. The work God has for us is greater than the pain. At times it might not feel like that but maybe we need to refocus and look to God again. Look at the promises he made to us. Always looking forward and not behind. I think of my kids who at times wil walk looking behind them and that if they do this too long they will end up walking into a wall and potentially getting hurt! I think the same is true if we walk through life always focusing on the past. Eventually we will end up getting hurt all over again because we relive the past hurts. Pressing on and not looking back Is a good way to live. Always press on toward God and His call for your life. Doing this will bring joy,and fulfillment to your life. Although it wont always be easy, but it will bring an indescribable joy peace and fulfillment! We have been close to giving up but the only thing that has given us fulfillment has been what we are called to do in this life!! Follow after God. Chase after the things of God and he will bring great things. He will bring true satisfaction and fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment