Friday, February 3, 2012

James 4:1-17

"Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet."

I cannot get enough of God's word. It is life to my body!
I was reading through James, and I read in a few versions. They are all great, but reading it in the message really hits home. Sometimes you need to hear things a bit different. I have read through the Bible many times. Depending on life, and what I was going through at different times, I had favorite verses. The book of James is really hitting home right now. This verse above really hits home. I have not been serious about my relationship with God! It is the relationship that will put everything else in order, it is the relationship that we need the most, and I have neglected it. I have not been serious about my relationship. I have let it slip because of what is happening in MY life... MY LIFE?? My life belongs to HIM! I would not have a life if it were not for HIM! How do we let this happen? Well, just like any good relationship, we need to do certain things to make sure that we stay close. We need to spend time with them, we need to communicate with them, we need to be open with them, we need to not be selfish and looking at what WE need. I am sorry to say that I have neglected my God! I have not trusted in HIM like I should have or needed to. I got selfish and just looked at ME instead of looking at God and trusting HIM. I think that many can say this. We get caught up in life. Our issues in the world look too big to us and we get lost in trying to fix it ourselves, when God is looking down on us yelling "I am here! I want to help you! Let me help you! Give your worries, your burdens to me!" He wants to help, but we are too busy looking at ourselves to even hear! It is time to get down on our knees before God, our master, because "it is the only way you'll get on your feet"! He can help us back up after falling, but we need to seek Him. The word says to ask and HE will answer. But we are too busy trying to handle it ourselves to even remember to ask! Forgive me Lord for neglecting the most important relationship! OURS! It is when we seek God first and HIS kingdom that all else will fall into place! Remember your first love! He is there, He wants to help, He wants to show you love and grace! Read this portion (James 4:1-17) in the message, it will challenge you. Your life is but a breath, what are you going to do with the air that has been given you??

No comments:

Post a Comment