Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love is an action word!

Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other;
let us really show it by our actions. 1 John 3:18


I am going to be starting a new study that I really feel God leading me to really dig into, but today is valentines day and I wanted to mention LOVE! 
First off GOD IS LOVE! So I am pretty sure that God supports this "holiday" but I think that He would say, lets not show our love only ONCE a year! Show it EVERYDAY!!! 
We need to know that Saying it is great! We all need to hear that we are loved, but when our actions and words don't match, the words "I love you" don't mean as much! I think that this is an important verse, not just in a relationship, but with people in general. Sometimes as human being we tend to judge people right away before we can get to know people, and when we do that it doesn't show love, but when we act in a way that is loving, and showing them that they are loved, and showing GOD'S love to them, the actions speak LOUDER than words! 
This goes for any relationship in your life too. Your spouse, your kids, any relationship that you have. You need to show it in actions. I am not saying, you need to give a gift to your loved one everyday, but hugs, kisses, attention, time, etc. These things are doable on a daily basis. The little things in life speak the loudest sometimes! Think about how you can show your love daily STARTING on the day of LOVE! and keep it going all year long. Even the littlest acts of love can speak loudly to someone who needs to feel loved! Happy valentines day!!! 
PS happy valentines day to my hunny! I love you so much, you are an amazing man of God and love watching God move in you, and love watching you grow, and love seeing your talents come alive. There have been life's ups and downs, but I know the best is ahead for us, for ministry, for our family!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment