Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive!

God has been speaking to me so clearly lately! Lately I have been really trying to push in and seek and ask of the Lord. When we ask, we receive! I was driving home from church last night and it was a great time of talk and study of the message that was preached on Sunday! But as I drove home I had to stop and pray. I needed forgiveness for my attitude toward God and the call that was on my life. I know that God called me but I was just at a place in my life that I didn't want to any more!!!  I was being stubborn and letting my attitude overshadow what God wants to do! My awesome preacher husband, talked about this in his sermon this past Sunday, and as I drove home, I knew I was being stubborn and needed a change of heart! I know God has a plan, but my attitude was in the way! Something was said last night at our group study that hit HARD. sometimes we are always trying to DO on our own, when we need to sit back and listen for God to lead! I have NOT been doing that. I need to wait on God, to seek HIM and to wait to hear from HIM! What does He want me to do? What does HE want from me? I know I need to trust HIM, depend on HIM in EVERY area of my life. I have been trying to do it on my own for a while, and I need to place all my trust in HIM, lay every burden down and LEAVE it at HIS feet! He says "take my yoke for it is easy!" He wants to help us, but it is usually us who don't allow Him to! We always want to do it on our own. I had to apologize for not trusting HIM, for trying to do it on my own, for being stubborn and not wanting to go on, for just wanting to give up! I know HE has great things for my life and the life of my family and the church! I have to be willing to trust HIM and depend on HIM and HE will work! He will move! I need to seek HIM again with my whole heart again. I need to praise HIM for who HE is! I do have so much to be thankful for! I have life! I have breath! I have HIM!!! I have a healthy family! I have salvation! I have HIS LOVE! Why don't I just let HIM!!!! God wants to move! I need to get out of the way and let HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment