Monday, January 9, 2012

why so downcast O my soul? put your faith in God!

As we go along in life, in a perfect world (maybe if still in the garden of Eden...Another topic for another day...) We would be happy all the time, we would sing praises all day to God and have no worries, no cares, and never be down and out. Oh how life would be different.....  BUT it is not a perfect world. We live in a fallen world, where we have an enemy who wants us down and out, who wants us to feel lonely, depressed, and like no one is there! He wants us to silently suffer, afraid of what others might think or say so that we can fall into a sea of depression and be swallowed by the worries and lies of this world. The simple truth is: we all get down and depressed. Some more severe than others, but we have all felt alone, and down, and like we have no one! Recently I have been feeling this way. I know that the enemy of this world, would love for me to stay this way. I don't want to stay like this! I have been trying to fight these feelings of worthlessness, depression, loneliness, and fear! It is a hard thing sometimes. Some-days are good; I am fine. But others I just feel so down as if I am in a pit and cant see the light, cant climb my way out and like I have no other way out other than sitting in this dark pit crying out for help, but no one around to hear (that is how I feel when I am down...) I guess I have never felt this down before in my life. Usually, I am a pretty happy person, so I am not a fan of feeling like this, AT ALL! I want to feel good, and happy.
I am not writing all this to say its OK to feel like this, I am not writing this to make anyone feel bad, I am writing because I want people to know that others go through this too! You are not alone! I know in the back of my mind somewhere that I am not alone, but sometimes the feeling of despair, fear, worthlessness, etc takes over where it clouds my view of reality. It makes me feel alone. I cannot tell many about how I feel, for certain reasons (gossip, church expectations etc) and that is why I choose to write so no one knows who this is. I like to be anonymous so I can be open and the people who need what I have to write will read and know there is someone who is going through the same thing! I write because it is a great outlet and way of saying how I feel without being judged. I know there are many out there who go through depression. One of the greatest men who ever lived, went through it. He was a great man of God, He messed up, but always came back to the one who truly loves him! This man was called God's beloved! He was in a position of power, he was king! He had it ALL!! But king David also went through periods of time where he was alone, searching for God because he didn't feel Him close.
Psalm 13 says 1 Lord, how long must I wait? Will you forget me forever? 
      How long will you turn your face away from me? 
 2 How long must I struggle with my thoughts? 
      How long must my heart be sad day after day? 
      How long will my enemies keep winning the battle over me? 
 3 Lord my God, look at me and answer me. 
      Give me new life, or I will die." 
and then Psalm 42 
 9 I say to God my Rock, 
      "Why have you forgotten me? 
   Why must I go around in sorrow? 
      Why am I beaten down by my enemies?" 
 10 My body suffers deadly pain 
      as my enemies make fun of me. 
   All day long they say to me, 
      "Where is your God?" 
 11 My spirit, why are you so sad? 
      Why are you so upset deep down inside me? 
   Put your hope in God. 
      Once again I will have reason to praise him. 
      He is my Savior and my God.

 This great man of God felt forgotten, sad, beat down, etc. But if you look at these passages in its entirety, it says "PUT YOUR HOPE IN GOD!"  (chapter 42)
In chapter 13, even though David feels as if God has turned away and is struggling, and is sad, He ends the chapter with hope, and faith!!! and Even though he FEELS pain, and despair he KNOWS God still loves him, he KNOWS that there is hope! 
5 But I trust in your faithful love. 
      My heart is filled with joy because you will save me.
 6 I will sing to the Lord.
      He has been so good to me.

Sometimes we may FEEL down but remember and KNOW that God still loves us, He is still there for us, and HE will be our strength and get you through whatever you feel. Sometimes we need to ignore what we feel and focus on GOD! Get in the word, and read about faith and hope! The word of God is a word of LIFE! It restores our soul when we feel downcast and down! Don't let the depression swallow you. Read, pray, talk to someone you are close with and ask for extra support and strength in getting through a hard time! I truly hope that people who read my blog enjoy and get help and hope from what is said. I write because it helps me and it can offer help and hope to those around. No one is truly alone, we have a God who is closer than we think and we just need to remember Him, I know that He has been my strength getting through things. There have only been a few people who I could/can talk to about deep issues and I thank them for that! Be blessed today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment