Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Can you handle it?

Psalm 139: 23 Search me, God, and know my heart; 
   test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, 
   and lead me in the way everlasting.

Can you handle this prayer? I watched an awesome skit on this verse, It was funny, but it made an impact! It really showed that most of us probably couldn't handle this prayer and its true meaning. If you really look at it and really think about it, it has some hard stuff in there. You are asking God to search you and know your heart! Your heart is one of the places that needs the most guarding and protecting. If we really choose to admit it, we have all had some issues going on in our heart. We have all had some issues of maybe jealousy, fear, doubt, hate, anger and so on! "Test me and know my anxious thoughts". Our thoughts can turn into actions and we have to know when our thoughts are heading that way. If our thoughts are not in line with God's word, we can cause some damage. The Bible says "what ever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of GOOD report" to think on THESE things. Do our thoughts line up to this verse found in Philippians 4:8? We need to think the way that God thinks and not the way the world or the enemy want us to. "see if there is any offensive way in me", WOW this can be a lot of things, one version says "anything that makes you sad". Wow, that hits hard. How can we make God sad? There are many ways. But do you intentionally wake up and tell God that you want to make Him happy today and ask for HIS help and guidance through the day? I know this is one area I could use some help in. I usually wake up to kids screaming or getting into the fridge and squirting stuff all over the kitchen floor (lets just say my morning was rougher!). I Tend not to wake up and ask God how I can make Him happy and how He can lead me through the day! Could you handle this? could you handle every thing that has made God sad? I have to ask this question... Can you handle it not? You have to ask yourself. God knows you better than anyone else. He sees the potential in you. He sees the Good in you. He sees what you don't see! He wants you to make His name great! Sometimes we need to pray this prayer and be willing to change our heart, our mind, our thoughts and the things that we do that make God sad. We need to be willing to let go every selfish ambition so that God's name can be great! Sometimes we need to be willing to change so that God can shine through in our lives and He can get the glory instead of ourselves. Can you handle this prayer? Can you afford NOT to pray this prayer! Here is the link to the skit I watched. It was funny, but soo good! We need to let God "lead us in the way everlasting!" This life isn't about what nice car or house we have, its about bringing glory to God. Its about showing Gods love to those around us! Its about living a life that God would be happy about and not sad about! I encourage you to pray this prayer above and see what God can do out of it. There might be some hard things that we need to deal with, there might need to be some "spring cleaning" inside our hearts, minds, thoughts, and actions, but the outcome will be so worth it! The outcome will be amazing! Let God lead you today!
http://youtu.be/SRmB-a1axkg    I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment