Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fear vs faith!

I think there is one command that God gave that so many people do not follow. This command is told to God's people in the Bible time and time again. Do you know what that command is? DO NOT FEAR! or FEAR NOT! This phrase, Fear not, is used 365 times! For one, that is a lot of times! For us that is once a day. I encourage you to do a study on this and do one a day and see it in context. I find this fascinating! It is something that is said so many times yet, we fear A LOT! I know in myself, I do not follow this. I try not to be, but I am a fearful person. WHY?? Well I think that sometimes we are brought up to fear. I think that we can have preconceived notions about people or things that will make fear creep in. Kids are fearless, but over time that fear starts to creep in and at times seem to over power that fearlessness! I am always afraid to upset someone, I am always afraid to let someone down, I am always afraid of what people will think or say. ETC. I need to start living in the command "fear  not"! Every time that fear creeps in, I am living in fear and not in faith! I want to be a woman of faith and not fear! I want to show my kids that they can! I dont want them to think "they cant"! and that is what I am showing them through this attitude of fear! Why does it matter what people think? As long as we are following God and His will, we are all set! We need to start taking the limits off of us through fear and start living in faith and in faith in God. We say that God can do the impossible, we say that God can do anything, but why cant we believe that for us? If we really think that God can, then we need to start taking off the limits that we set on ourselves through fear, and step out in faith! God wants to do great things through you and your life, but we limit what He will do by living in fear. We let the fear control us and we let the fear direct our lives instead of living in faith! Stop letting fear rule your life! Lets take a step of faith and walk in what God has for us! Fear NOT!
Today's fear not verse: Genesis 15:1 Later the Lord spoke to Abram in a vision, “Abram, don’t be afraid! I will protect you and reward you greatly.”
This verse was spoken to Abram when he was losing hope of ever getting a son. He was getting older and he was losing hope. God told him "fear not!" Then God brought Abram outside to look at the stars and said, "Look at the sky and see if you can count the stars. That’s how many descendants you will have". How amazing is our God. He wants to bless us and will take us beyond what our human minds can even think or imagine! How do you think Abram felt after God took him out to look at the stars! I think I would have felt foolish for fearing! We need to take our mind off of what is not happening, and start trusting in God and what He has already promised us! Stand firm on those promises and believe! God loves us. We are His children! He wants good things for our lives! The Bible says God has GOOD plans for us, with a good future! Take a stand on the promises and never give in to the fear! Remember this fear not verse and know that the sky is the limit! Be blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment