Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stay strong!



‎"This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my 


place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.For he will 


rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly 


disease." (Psalm 91:2-3) - NLT




I have said it a million times: life can be tough! But we serve a tougher God than we even give him credit for. In times of trouble I have to say that I have not always turned to Him. I have let other things control my feelings, i have run to other people or things when the going got tough. But I have to say that my I have learned from this and I am so glad that I have Him to turn to through tough times. At times life seems like its one trial after another. You fight one battle just to be faced with the next. At times there seems to be a glimmer of hope or a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel just to find that the tunnel goes on for another 20 miles it seems. I have to say that I see the glimmer, actually it is more like a bright light at this point. I see the good, I see the hope, I see the potential, and I can say that I am optimistic! When we get a glimmer of hope, there will always be someone or something to try and take that away from us! And if we let them take it away, they will! We need to stay strong through those times! We need to walk toward the light that God is placing in front of us! If we see the light and walk away from it, it is our foolishness or it is the enemy winning. It is in these times of choice that we need to run to our refuge! Run to that place of safety found in God alone! We need to remember who it is that we trust in: God NOT man! We need to remember that all we do IS FOR HIM AND HIS KINGDOM! I feel that if we don't run toward that light and run to God to keep us going toward the light, that we will be trapped again, and we will find that deadly disease awaiting us in the dark. I know I may seem vague and not everyone will know what I am saying, but those who need to will know. I am very optimistic that the things that God wants to happen will, but we need to keep running toward the light without giving in to the temptation to go backward, not give in to the temptation to stay stagnant, not give in to the temptation to beat our selves up, not give in to the temptation to sulk. We need to know that this is God and RUN and not waver. Run and not question. The more we question the more we let the enemy get a chance to change our mind. Will you choose to follow after God and His will or will you decide to stay stagnant with death at the doorstep? I think that this question is good for all. We all need to know that we have much growth and growing to do. Even Paul said that he hadn't yet arrived to where he could be, but He knew not to give up when the going got tough! Stay strong through the tough times! Stay closer to Him through the tough times, and He will lead you to the place He wants to. It is when we take our eyes off of HIM and start to question what He is placing in front of us that we give the enemy a chance to talk us into running away in fear. Stay strong, Be courageous for the Lord your God is with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment