Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Making the most of this adventure we call life!

Part of this great adventure we call life, is the idea of staying healthy and fit. Why is this an important thing? Why is is so hard to keep at times? 
Well I find a few different things in the Bible that can go with this. For one it says not to be a gluten and to be balanced or everything in moderation! There are the verses about us being the temple of God and that we want a clean temple and that we want a temple that honors God. Then there are verses about being good stewards of our time money and resources. I think that includes being good stewards of our health and our bodies so that we may have a long life since our bodies were made to break down. being good stewards of our health will help extend our life a little bit longer. I think that the idea of health is a very important thing for a Christian. For one, you can do much more for God when you are in good health. you are not bogged down with doctor appointments, or in or out of hospital. I think that we do need to be good stewards of our bodies. We only get one, and the longer we are on earth the longer we have to impact the world for God. I think it also honors God when we are keeping our temple clean. 
I know I have not been a model of this. I have had many excuses. I have a lot of kids, and I use that as an excuse. (my hubby will love reading this post ;)  But I know that I need to keep a healthy lifestyle not only for my family but also for our ministry. If I want to do what God has called me to do, I need to be around to do it. I have been bad with my eating habits and have struggled with the love of food. I have had an addiction to food at times and I feel I am doing better in this area, but like many addictions it can be a struggle not to fall back into it especially if it is an addiction to something that you need to do to live! I am trying and I know I need to stick with it. I need God's help to stick with it! I am an emotional eater. So I need to teach myself not to run to food when I am happy, sad, hurt, etc, but to run to GOD! It is a learning of new habits. I have been doing really well with exercising since going to the Y. I have really enjoyed going and the kids go and play for a bit while I get a good workout in. Now it is time to revamp my food intake. I have been doing pretty good with it, but now its time to make it a lifestyle change. I have been working out for a few weeks with no weight loss, but since really deciding to make a change in diet I have finally lost 3 lbs! I was so happy to finally see the scale go down and not up or staying the same! So I am trying to really make it a lifestyle change this time and to stick with it. I need this! My body deserves it and I really feel like I need to be a good steward of this life and body that God gave me! Life is an adventure and I want to make the most of this adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment