Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Conquering your fear!

So I did not write yesterday, but I will write what I was going to.

So I have been talking about "fear not" and how it is in the Bible 365 times.  I have gone over a few verses and I have to say, I do have fears... SHOCKING right? lol No, everyone has some sort of fears. The question is, "are we going to try and overcome those fears?" Well, I have a few different ones some easier to get over than others. Well, I have been going to the gym again. It has been a few weeks since we could go since we were all sick and are FINALLY better! I have always had this weird fear of jogging on a treadmill. lol I know, silly, but I never ran on a treadmill for two reasons. Firstly, I have this strange fear that I am going to fly off the back of it. You know, like what you see happen in the movies! lol Well, lastly, I feel I am a hard jogger, and that I am going to sound like I will break the machine if I jog on it! lol Again, a strange fear but still going to the gym I would rather not have that embarrassment happen. Well, I decided to face that fear and get on that treadmill. I have always wanted to do a 10k so to do that I might need to train, and I would like to start on the treadmill, well, to do that I need to face my fear and just do it! So I did. I got on and jogged 2 mins then walked 3 mins and then jogged the last 5 mins. I did pretty good and I have to say that I did NOT fall off the back or break the machine. When I told this to my husband, he asked if this was going to be my next blog, I said it might be. :) He knows me too well..... So I faced one fear and I hope to get back on the treadmill and do it again. I really want to do 5k's and maybe someday even work up to a triathlon! (I have always wanted to for some odd reason...)  I would love to start my own yearly 5 K, I already have a name for it too. So I am on my way to running. I am happy I was able to face that fear and move on. Although I did learn one very important lesson: Treadmill first (harder for me) then get on and do your hour on the elliptical (I do about 7-8 miles on it) if you do the treadmill after an hour on elliptical it is MUCH harder to do a consistent jog! lol So that is one fear out of the way that I decided to face head on so I can move past it to achieve my goals. Might be small to some, but to me, it was holding me back from something.  I am happy I finally decided to face it. I encourage you to face a fear with faith and courage! It will be a liberating experience, and always ask God to help you through it!
"Be strong and courageous. Don't tremble! Don't be afraid of them! The LORD your God is the one who is going with you. He won't abandon you or leave you."    Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment