Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sometimes we need to know this.



    The LORD says, “My thoughts are not like your thoughts.
    Your ways are not like my ways.
    9       Just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
    10       Rain and snow fall from the sky
    and don’t return without watering the ground.
    They cause the plants to sprout and grow,
    making seeds for the farmer
    and bread for the people.
    11       The same thing is true of the words I speak.
    They will not return to me empty.
    They make the things happen that I want to happen,
    and they succeed in doing what I send them to do.

                                                           ~Isaiah 55:8-11~


I think that at times we put our own thoughts and our wants and how "we think it should happen" before how God is doing things. We see life going "differently" in our heads. We see circumstances happen differently in our own head. Our thoughts need to become God's thoughts. Our ways need to become God's ways. Verse 8 from above says "My thoughts are not like your thoughts, your ways are not like my ways." How true is this. We think God should do things our way and we try and push through life making our thoughts and our ways come through. Sometimes we need to sit back and let God "take the wheel" of our life and let Him and His plan shine through. God's ways are so much better than ours. Verse 9 goes on to say that "just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts". God knows what is going to happen, He has wisdom thoughts and ways. He sees the big picture when we jsut see what is in front of us. Why not let His words and thoughts through in our lives if He knows all, and sees all? He wants good things for our lives, but sometimes it is hard to trust and let God have His way when we want to be in control of "our own lives". In reality we are just living the life that God gave us! I love the promise and imagery in verses 10 and 11. I have always loved the story of the sower. This basically says the same thing. That the rain will fall from the sky and water the ground and the seeds that the farmer planted will grow into plants to feed the farmer and the people! Then comes verse 11. "The same thing is true of the words I speak. They will not return to me empty. they will make the things happen that I want to happen and they succeed in doing what I send them to do". I love that! The farmer plants his seeds knowing and expecting a crop. The farmer plants intentionally! There is a reason he plants his seed: to have a harvest! It is just the same with God's words. God speaks and He knows that what He says will succeed in His purpose! They will not return to God void! There will be a harvest every time God speaks! The things that God speaks will happen just like He intended! They are words of purpose and intention! Let God speak words of purpose and intention into YOUR life! He wants to and we need to be willing to listen. There are many times in the Bible that it says "He who has ears to hear, let him hear" hear today what the Lord is trying to say. He wants us to listen and hear what He is saying and what He is trying to speak into our lives! They are words of purpose and words intentionally spoke directly to us! His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. Don't hold God back from what He wants to do in your life. You may be thinking smaller than what God is thinking! 



No comments:

Post a Comment