Thursday, May 24, 2012

true rest!?

I get tired. I have many little ones running around with so much energy all day, it seems like they suck it from me! Just kidding. But we all experience being tired, not just in body but in spirit, soul, emotions.... Life can be tiring! I was doing devo's and I found a great verse which just makes me rest even more in my God. God gives us words of encouragement and words of peace at times when we need it. God is so good to know what I need and give it at the right time! Sometimes we worry too much, sometimes we fret, and cry about things that might be only our emotions talking. Sometimes we need to just sit back and rest in God. Sometimes we need to just give HIM our cares and burdens! Sometimes we need to let Him be God and stop trying to do it ourselves! This is a great verse and I really just wanted to share it because it immediatly brought a peace and stillness to me and my soul when I read it! The word of God is powerful!  I pray it brings you a sencse of peace today!

 28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


                                                ~Matthew 11:28-30




Live free and light with HIM today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment