Friday, May 4, 2012

my new goal!

Sometimes we need to stop focusing on what isn't happening, and start focusing on what is! Sometimes we need to stop setting goals that are not necessarily moving, to setting goals that are achievable. That is what I am going to do! One area that I have always wanted to overcome was my weight, and my health. I want to be healthy and I want to keep up with an exercise plan that I can do and that I can succeed with. I have always set goals based on what weight I want to be at. Yes, it would be nice to lose that 30-40 lbs, but when you look at it in whole, and then you see the scale NOT moving when you are trying and working at it and really putting your all into it, It can be very frustrating! I decided to stop watching the numbers and push myself to what I want to be able to do physically. Instead of saying "i want to be down X amount  by X time", I am saying "I am finding a 5K and getting going with the training and DOING IT!" I think back to my days in  swimming (yes, it was a LONG time ago), and I think this is how I was during that time. I never set a goal to be a certain weight, but I always worked hard and pushed myself to that next goal that I wanted to achieve in the sport! I wanted to swim a 1500 (lots of laps!) and I trained and did it! I know that as I change my goals to more achievable goals where I have to push myself/my body I know that i will also achieve the desired weight that I want. I need to enjoy what I am doing and not just do something that I might not really enjoy just to lose weight. That is how I have fallen short so many times! I have always given the weight loss a good start, but then something happens and it dwindles away and then it stops all together. I enjoy pushing myself to the limit so that is what I am going to do. I am going to train for a 5 k, and push my body and really enjoy it! I have to say, that I was always a good runner in high school, but never wanted to cross train, maybe I should have, but I really think I am going to start enjoying running in a whole new way. I think I am going to find a late 5K and sign up for it. One that would be a good first one to do. I do 8 miles on elliptical, and now to get up to that on the treadmill! I conquered that fear the other day, and I got on it again yesterday and pushed up the speed a bit more and again I didn't fall off! YAY!!! So I am getting there, and today I am going to try and do 20 mins on the treadmill jogging. I am getting in my nutrition and keeping that good! I am getting all my daily fruits and veggies (and if you are interested let me know!) One other thing i need to work on is that water intake throughout the day! So I will get there. I am changing the way I look at this and changing my goal so that I can get the desired results and enjoy what I am doing in my exercise routine! I love going to the gym and so do my kids! I have to share one quick story.
    I was going to go to the gym the other day and I was in the area but it was much earlier than when I normally go. I pulled into the parking lot and it was PACKED! I couldn't even find a spot! So I told the kids that I was sorry, but I couldn't find a spot and we were just going home. Three little ones broke down crying. They kept saying, "we want to go to the gym, its not fair!" it was so cute! They love going to the gym and playing. They have a great time, and mommy gets to go and get a good workout in. They are my little motivators because daily they ask if we are going. We go usually 3 times a week. So they help me keep it up!!! Love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment