Friday, March 16, 2012

Acceptable thoughts/words


    14      Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
          Be acceptable in Your sight,
          O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

This has been a prayer of mine. I think that it should be a prayer of every Christian. We should all strive for this. We should all want acceptable thoughts and words. A lot of times it can be the opposite. At times we beat up ourselves with bad thoughts and words, and at times we beat up others with bad thoughts and words. We need to pay attention to our thoughts and words and keep checking how they are affecting us. Today I needed this verse. At times I can beat myself up with my thoughts, and eventually I start beating myself up with my words. It is only when I realize what I am doing and ask God to change my thinking to the way HE looks and sees me. I know God sees me as His child but at times I don't see myself like that. We need to change our pessimistic thoughts to optimistic GOD thoughts! When we start asking God to help us control our thoughts and words, we start to see a difference in our attitude and how we see life and how we see ourselves. We are God's children, we are blessed by Him, He loves us, He forgives us, He wants us to live a life of freedom! Turn those thoughts and words into acceptable thoughts in GODS sight!!! He is our strength and our redeemer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment