Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Choices.


Deuteronomy 30:19

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
 19 I'm calling for heaven and earth to give witness against you this very day. I'm offering you the choice of life or death. You can choose either blessings or curses. But I want you to choose life. Then you and your children will live.

Life is full of choices! Daily you are faced with choices! From the moment we wake up we are faced with some kind of choice. What will we wear? What will we eat? And so on. What do we do when we are faced with some really hard choices? How do we handle the hard things that come our way? When the hard choices of life come, I think that the verse above is one of the best things to remember. Is this choice a good one? Is it taking me closer or farther from God? Will it cause a life or death? Will it bring me a blessing or a curse?
I have to say, that we think that some of the little choices in life are not that big of a deal, but I think that we need to base all of our choices on this. Bad choices can cause emotional, spiritual or bodily destruction for us or others. I think that even when it comes down to what to wear or what to eat, some think its a little thing that wont affect anyone in anyway. I beg to differ. I think that if we choose to wear something more revealing opposed to something modest we could cause someone to fall. I think that when we choose a wrong thing to eat over a healthy option, it can cause bodily harm. We need to know that even small choices in life matter. Our choices affect us and others more than we think or know. We need to start thinking about our choices and the effect that it could have on us or others around us, myself included. I know that I love food and sweets are a huge downfall for me at times. I need to keep this verse in my head and think about what it could do to my body and how much healthier I could be if I had fruit instead. I need to know that if I keep choosing to fill my body (temple of God) with junk that my health will go down, and could potentially get to a place that is life threatening and that could effect my family. There are "bigger" choices as well that we make from time to time that could have an impact on our lives and we need to be able to choose the option of LIFE! Sometimes we need to make a hard choice to keep going towards life and the blessing that God has for us in life! The easy way out isn't always the best and we need to be able to do the hard work and find the blessing that God has for us in the end!! CHOOSE LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment