Saturday, March 3, 2012

life and our task!


Acts 20:24

New International Version (NIV)
24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace

How wonderful it could be if this was our main focus in life: completing the task JESUS GAVE US! I think that the person who gets to this is amazing. I have still a ways to go, I wish I could say that I have obtained this, but the cares of the world do get to me and taunt me every now and again to the point that my eyes are shifted off of what I am doing for God to, "oh no, what am I going to do!" I do have to say that I have grown from where I used to be and I quickly get my focus back to "the race and completing the task the Lord Jesus gave me". I have yet fully obtained this mindset, but I am growing and I am getting closer! As I wrote in my last page, life can be a battle. One that we all want to win and be successful at! But i think that we need to redefine success in this world! I think that in this world, and especially in this country many think of success in how much we make, what nice car we drive and by the other things that WE OWN! I think we need to start looking at the above verse and seeing that our success is in completing our task: Testifying to the good news of God's grace! I think that we need to take our eyes off of material things and measuring success by what we have and start measuring by God's standards: did we accomplish the task GOD gave us? did we live a life that testified of God and His goodness? did we reach people for God? Instead of measuring by what WE own, did we allow God to be the owner of our life? In the end this life will pass, many who know you will pass, and then what you did on this earth will be gone, but what we did that had an ETERNAL value will live eternally! I am reminded of song lyrics, "this world has nothing else for me, I will trust in you!" This world cannot offer us what God can! When we chase after God with all our heart mind soul body strength.... HE provides, HE heals, HE mends brokenness, HE restores, HE fixes, HE HE HE! Meaning, WE cannot without HIM in our lives! I have tried to mend myself, I have tried to fix things, I have tried to do things on my own, and in the end failed miserably! It was only when I starting fixing my eyes on HIM and chasing after HIM and making HIM my focus and making HIM number one, that I found that HE CAN!!! HE made a way when it looked like there was no way! Our lives are nothing but with HIM it becomes more! HE becomes our life and our life has meaning, and purpose! HE is my meaning, HE is my purpose! My task: to follow hard after HIM! My task: To testify of HIS great love! My task: to live a life wholy devoted to HIM. My task: To show HIS love to all! Am I perfect? will I get this every time? Probably not, but we keep pushing forward and we keep trying with HIS help! With HIS guidance! All things are possible with GOD! NOTHING is impossible with God, and we just need to keep pushing on through the trials of life, never forgetting that HE is with us and HE can even when we cannot! What is your task in this life? do you think you have one? WE ALL DO! Find your calling that GOD has placed on your life! walk in it, and follow HARD after HIM!!! And when we do this HE lines everything else up in our lives! Life wont always be perfect, but when perfectly lead, HE works everything out for good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment