Thursday, March 8, 2012

Apologize bye 33miles


It's been going on for so long
All the words we said wrong way back then
And I still hear them all in my head
It keeps playing over and over again
I can't run, I can't hide, it don't matter how hard I try
To move on, but...

I don't want to leave it, bury it and forget it
I've already wasted so much time
Can't wait another moment, am I all out of chances
For you to believe it's on my mind
I've gotta let go of my pride and apologize

I thought I would never let go
Never thought I could know what it's like
To wake up, holding what I gave up
After all this time still trying to find
What it is to forgive even when it isn't that easy
So please believe me, 'cause...

If I caused you pain, I will take the blame
You can put it on me
If I broke your heart, if I left a scar
Let me say I'm sorry

I've gotta let go of my pride
And apologize


I think that we all (christian and non) say that we have had a hard time forgiving someone of something. One thing I had to face was this idea of BIBLICAL apology. "What do you mean by that?" you ask... Well, in life we say, I have forgiven someone of something but then you bring it up in your head or you throw the wrong that someone did to you back in their face. I try not to do the latter, but i know that at times I have in my head brought it back up. I at times don't mean to, but it can be a struggle not to. I have faced the fact that we have forgiveness wrong. We do it when it is convenient to us and we bring it back up when it is convenient to us! 
Some of us have held on to hurts from others for way to long! Some of us cannot even remember why there was a fight to begin with. Most of the time it is a pride issue that gets in the way. "Well it was them that caused ME pain so why should I apologize??" When we take this stance, most times, it will never be resolved. Sometimes we need to be the bigger person and take the steps toward reconciliation and apologize for anything that We might have done wrong. We need to forgive also like God forgives! LET IT GO, LEAVE IT BEHIND (let the past stay in the past) and BURY IT! God puts our wrongs in the sea of forgetfulness! meaning HE LETS IT GO AND FORGETS THE WRONG! We need to be able do this for others but for ourselves and our walk with God! Being able to let go of our pride and say your sorry is a huge step in the right direction. Likewise, being able to accept that apology and forgive the way God does, is another huge thing! Be willing to let go and let God! Forgive and forget! Let go of pride and apologize! These thing will take your walk with God so much closer, and can also help the other person get closer to God as well! God wants unity among people! How can we have unity if we wont apologize? How can we have unity if we wont forgive the way God does? 

No comments:

Post a Comment