Monday, March 19, 2012

living small

‎2 Corinthians 6:12, 13 MSG
"We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!" 

I find this to be such an interesting verse. I have to say, I think most people live like this too! I think that we limit what we think we can do, or we limit what we think God can do through us! If we look in the Bible we see big, HUGE things being done for God. What if people said "I cant do that!" and never did! Some did say "I cant do that" but they went through and tried and God used them in a great way! The difference is this: we say we cant, and we DON'T! We leave it at I cant and don't even try! God says to do  something and we don't because we think that WE cannot do it! Well, without God you might not be able to, but with God all things are possible! Our lives are not meant to be small! God wants us to do great things for the kingdom of God! It says that the smallness comes from within US! It doesn't come from God, but we make ourselves believe we can only do small and that we can't do big. It says to "open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!" This life can be more that what meets the eye. It can be bigger than we imagined. We can do more than we thought. We can do this through Jesus Christ. God is the one who puts the hopes and dreams in us. It is HIM who puts the talents and abilities in us! We just need to be open to using them with all our might! 
I think that this is one portion that I needed to read! I live small. I don't think I have many gifts, abilities or talents. I need to see that God has something that He wants me to accomplish, that He has goals for me, that He sees me greater than I see me. I know that I have some sort of ability, I just need to find it, and then not discredit what God has placed inside me either. I think that we discredit what God places in us more times than not. We need to walk in the plans that God has for us. We need to run with it! We need to start seeing the BIG in life, and in our ministries! I know that my husband has big visions and at times we just don't know how it will all come. We cant discredit those big visions for our ministries, God placed them in us, and we need to do our part to see them come to pass. One of the ways to do that is to remember this verse! "your lives are't small, but your living them in a small way!" Don't live inside yourself, if you do you will probably be living smaller than God wants you to be living. Fix your eyes on HIM and His vision for your life and you will see great things happen. God wants to do big, we just have to stop living small, and stop living like God doesn't want to do anything anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment