Thursday, March 8, 2012

His strength


2 Corinthians 12:9 (ERV)

9 But the Lord said, “My grace is all you need. Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.” So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can stay in me.


This verse has been my verse for the day. I have heard it a few times on the radio, a few different posts on Facebook, and I know that God is speaking to me on this! Yesterday was a harder day. I felt so weak in body! I woke with one of the worst headaches of my life. I was hurting but as mom you still have a lot of things that you are responsible for during the day, especially the morning and getting kids ready for school. I couldn't get everything done that I wanted because of I was feeling Blah all day, and then it was a beautiful day and I had 3 who wanted to go outside and play. Also with 2 at the age of 2, you seem to chase after them cleaning up their messes. So it just wasn't a day that was ideal for getting everything done. By the end of the day, I felt done, and wanted to sit, but still had things I needed to do. I felt so bad that I couldn't get it done and that I didn't do a few things that evening. It really was eating at me. I was telling myself that I need a break and rest too, but we put a lot of strain on ourselves to get everything done and in. I know I am not perfect and I try so hard but still end up failing and falling short, it seems. I was definitely reminded of this verse today and know that yes, I am weak but God will show himself strong even when at my weakest! Yesterday wasn't my weakest day to date, but it reminded me that He got me through harder times and He can get me through this little thing. Being weak in body is never fun and makes everything harder when your a mom, but God gives us the strength to get through what we need to! I love  how this version says this verse! "Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by MY power!" It is OK to be weak because then God's strength and might and power can shine through even on the darkest, or hardest situations! God knows that we are human and that we get weak at times. That is why He wrote this verse! To let us know, "Hey I know that from time to time you get down, you get weak, but rely on MY power and MY strength! I will show you what I can do through it!" We serve and amazing God! He is truly a good God who loves us and shows us His love through His word. I am so happy that I don't serve a God who requires strength at all times, because I know that everyone gets down, and that everyone feels weak and like they just cant go on. It is during these times of weakness that we can fully rely on HIM and HIS strength! He will get the job done! We need to be willing to rely on HIM completely! Memorize this verse and keep it close to your heart! It will come in handy when you feel weak and like you can't go on! Say this verse to yourself when you are feeling at your lowest or weakest! He will give you the strength you need and show His might through it! His glory will shine through even during your weak times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment