Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blessed

I am sitting here this morning holding a sleeping little girl. I have a few kids who are sick today and not feeling well. I have been pulled in a few different directions this morning trying to console my youngest son who is sick and trying to feed the others. Nap time is here, and I have the 2 others who are home and sick to bed, and my oldest girl who just wants to be with mama. As a mother, you can feel pulled in many directions. but it is the little moments that speak in a loud way. Right now I am holding my little girl and just feeling so blessed, so loved. I feel the warm breath on my shoulder, I feel her cuddle up and get comfy against me, her perfume today is baby shampoo and chocolate cookies. It is the little moments that we take in where we know God is looking down and smiling. At times we can get so caught up in life and forget to just slow down and smell the kids around us. Sometimes we don't look past the trouble making (my two, two year olds get into a lot of trouble together at times lol) to see love in their eyes. I know at times I can get overwhelmed, and my attitude can show through as more upset than anything, but I try. I know that lately I have been overwhelmed with my two little ones and that feeling of being overwhelmed has shown a lot. I need to try and step back and remember the little moments like this one.
Psalm 127:3-5  Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

I am a blessed woman! I have my home filled with lots of little ones who all need me and need me to show them God's love through me! I love my little ones, They are a blessing and they don't know that at times I need them and their love! They have blessed me so much with all the hugs and kisses and "I love you's". I have also been blessed with an amazing man to share the life of our kids with! I pray that we can raise them in the ways of God in a way that they will not depart from HIM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment